Hydraulic Oil in the modern age has become an indisposable part across industries as it is utilized in a variety of Hardware, machinery and apparatus. Hydraulic oils are used in various industries like mining, shipping, aviation, heavy industry, manufacturing, construction and chemicals etc. Hydraulic Oils are non-compressible liquids which transfer energy within the piece of machinery. Most of the problems that arise in hydraulic systems are due to contamination of the Hydraulic Oil. To ensure that the health of the machinery is at optimum and to maximise the productivity of the hydraulic system it is essential that a timely sampling and in-depth analysis is conducted.
Atlas Lab provides a comprehensive state-of-the-art Hydraulic oil testing and analysis service. We test the Hydraulic Oils as per the following world class standards such ASTM - American Society for Testing and Materials, ISO - International Organization for Standardization, IP – Institute of Petroleum etc. The various tests conducted for Hydraulic Oil are Appearance, Acid Number, API Gravity, Ash, Nitration, Insolubles - Benzene Insolubles, NAS Value - 1638, Particle Count etc. Tests for Hydraulic Oil are carried out by experts in the field of testing and analysis with over 40 years of cumulative experience to provide exact results for your hydraulic oil - related issues. Atlas lab offers a complete solution for Hydraulic Oil with quick and precise test results at a cost-effective price to clients on a global scale.
What are the benefits of Hydraulic Oil Testing?
- Helps extend the oil change period of the Hydraulic Oil
- To meet and comply with the different national and international standards
- To improve the life duration of the machinery
- To have contamination and wear and tear under contol
- To identify possible issues with the machinery before they occur
- Savings to organization by avoiding unnecessary Hydraulic oil top up
We test the Hydraulic Oils as per the following world class
- ASTM - American Society for Testing and Materials
- ISO - International Organization for Standardization
- IP – Institute of Petroleum
- DIN - Deutsches Institut für Normung
- BIS – Bureau of Indian Standards
- JASO - Japanese Automotive Standards Organization
- API - American Petroleum Institute
- AGMA – American Gear Manufacturers Association
- SAE – Society of Automotive Engineers
What are the different grades
of Hydraulic Oils as tested by Atlas Lab?
- Hydraulic Oil 15 - is typically used in power steering and hydraulic brake systems.
- Hydraulic Fluid 22 - is mostly used in airlines for air tools.
- Hydraulic Fluid 32 - is normally used in high-powered machine tools.
- Hydraulic Fluid 46 - is ideally used for industrial plant working under high-pressure.
- Hydraulic Fluid 68 - is mostly used in systems which require a large load-carrying ability.
- Hydraulic Oil 100 - is used in industrial machinery with heavy loads.
Standard tests conducted for Hydraulic Oil as per ASTM :
- Acid Number
- API Gravity
- Copper Strip Corrision
- Cloud Point
- Flash Point - Abel
- Flash Point - COC
- Flash Point - PMCC
- Foaming Characteristics
- Precipitation Number
- Insolubles - Benzene Insolubles
- NAS Value - 1638
- Particle Count
- Pour Point
- Ramsbottom Carbon Residue
- Relative Density
- Specific Gravity
- Refractive Index
- Total Acid Number (TAN)
- Total Base Number (TBN)
- Viscosity @ 40° C
- Viscosity @ 100° C
- Wear Metals
- Water Content- By Karl Fisher
- Water & Sediments
- Aniline Point° C
What is the process of collection of Hydraulic Oil for Testing?
- You can directly send your Hydraulic Oil to us or ask for our Hydraulic Oil Sampling Kits
- Collect the samples
- Courier the samples
- On receiving the samples in our laboratory, we will commence testing.
- Results will be provided in 12 to 24 hours
- Technical advice will be provided on testing the samples and assessment of Test Report