An estimated 40 % of all engine failures and machinery breakdowns are due to cooling system problems which often turn into major issues in your transmission, engine or hydraulic systems. Due to soaring global warming, severe temperature, fluctuations in weather, vehicles and machinery getting more advanced there is a imperative need to cool the systems to get optimum output. However, this is the most overlooked component and often neglected which leads to engine failure. Therefore, monitoring the coolant / antifreeze is extremely important to ensure cooling and optimum performance of the engine.
Atlas Lab conducts testing as per ASTM D3306, IS 5759 : 2006, BS 6580, JIS-K-2234 or OEM standards. With thorough in-depth testing and analysis, the quality of the coolant is assessed.
Atlas Lab’s coolant / antifreeze testing and analysis program through its state-of-the-art laboratory and advanced technology gives fast, competitive and accurate results to help companies reduce and minimize their machinery, engines or vehicle breakdown.
What are the benefits of Coolant Testing?
- Ensures that the right coolant is being used
- Ensures if the coolant is fit for further use
- Ensures coolant inhibitor activity is acceptable
- Checks and monitors the health and condition of the coolant
- Indicates the health of the cooling system
- Ensures preventive and predictive maintenance based on the test
report so that potential issues and failures do not occur
Standard tests conducted for Coolant :
- Water Content
- Ash Content
- Boiling Point
- Freezing Point
- Reserve Alkalinity
- Coolant Concentration
- Elemental Analysis
- Foaming Tendency
What is the process of collection of Coolant for Testing?
- You can directly send your Coolant samples to us or ask for our coolant sampling kits
- Collect the samples
- Courier the samples
- On receiving the samples in our laboratory, we will commence testing.
- Results will be provided in 12 to 24 hours
- Technical advice will be provided on testing the samples and assessment of Test Report