Biodiesel is an alternative for diesel which is obtained from a diverse range of feedstock namely from plants, animal fats, soybean oil, other edible and non-edible oils etc
Companies all over the world are reducing their reliance on fosil fuels and seeking out a more
sustainable alternative fuel to run its large fleet of vehicles, machinery and energy needs.
Biodiesel is one such alternative.
Atlas Lab provides a comprehensive state-of-the-art Biodiesel Testing and analysis Program.
By conducting the testing and analysis of Biodiesel and Biofuel samples we can evaluate their
quality, quality confirmation, blending evaluation, ensuring the right blend vis a vis blend is
supplied, to ensure there is no contamination, no residues left in the Biodiesel,
confirm and validate if the Biodiesel meets the technical and environmental requirements
of national and international standards.
Atlas Lab works closely with consumers, manufacturers, blenders, new biodiesel petrol pump owners to test the full range of Biodiesel available in the market i.e B5 biodiesel, B20 Biodiesel, B100 Biodiesel etc.
What are the benefits of Biodiesel Testing?
- Recognize the cause of high fuel consumption
- Ascertian the quality of Biodiesel fuel supplied
- Recognize the cause of power loss
- Determine if the Biodiesel fuel meets National and
- Improve Engine and Machinery performance
Different types of Biofuels tested by Atlas Lab :
Atlas Lab uses national and international methods and specifications to test biodiesel fuel as per the requirement of the client :
- India - IS 15607 (B 100)
- Europe - EN 14214 (B 100)
- United States - ASTM D 7467 (B6 to B 20)
- United States - ASTM D 6751 (B 100)
- Australian Standard
- China - GB/T 20828
- Chinese Taipei - CNS 15072
- Indonesia - SNI 04-7182
- Japan - JASO M360
- Korea - Fuel Spec (B100)
- Philippines - DPNS/DOE QS 002:2007
- Malaysia - Spec of Palm Methyl Esters
- Thailand - B100- FAME
Standard Tests conducted for Biodiesel as per ASTM:
- Flash Point (PMCC)
- Density at 15° C
- Sediments & Water Content
- Kinematic Viscosity at 40° C
- Pour Point
- Copper Strip Corrision (3hr @ 50° C)
- Total Sulphur
- Acid Number
- Strong Acid Number
- Carbon Residue on 10% Residue
- Cetane Index
- Distillation, Recovery at 350° C
- Distillation, Recovery at 370° C
- Cloud Point
- Calorific Value
- Cold Filter Plugging Point
- Iodine Value
- Flash Point – Abel
- Flash Point – Pensky Martens
- API - Gravity
- Viscosity Index
- Water & Sediments (BS&W)
What is the process of collection of Biodiesel for Testing?
- You can directly send your Biodiesel fuels to us or ask for our Biodiesel fuel sampling kits
- Collect the samples
- Courier the samples
- On receiving the samples in our laboratory, we will commence testing.
- Results will be provided in 12 to 24 hours
- Technical advice will be provided on testing the samples and assessment of Test Report