Diesel is one of the most widely used fuels all over the world. Industries across
all realms should test their fuels routinely as a necessity to increase efficiency and savings.
ATLAS LAB provides a comprehensive state-of-the-art Diesel Testing Program.
The objective is two-fold, to test the samples to ensure that the quality is as per
National & International specifications and spot any potential problems by
analysing the condition of the Diesel fuel which could potentially cause harm to the health and operation
of the machinery. The better the fuel quality the better the output and efficiency of the machinery.
Our lab is capable of testing and analysis of Marine Diesel Fuel, BS III / Euro 3 fuel,
BS IV Fuel / Euro 4 Fuel, BS VI / Euro VI Fuel, ULSD ( Ultra Low sulphur diesel Fuel).
What are the benefits of Diesel Testing?
- Recognize the cause of high fuel consumption.
- Pin-point cause of misfiring in the engine.
- Identify the cause of filter clogging.
- Recognize the cause of power loss.
- Pin-point blowby and smoking problems.
- Check emissions due to SO2 and NOx and other particulate matter.
- Check anti knocking issues due to sticking of valves and injectors.
ATLAS LAB tests Diesel fuel as per the guidelines of :
- International Organization for Standardization (ISO)
- The American Society of Testing and Materials (ASTM)
- International Maritime Organisation (IMO)
- European Union (EU)
- European Nations (EN)
- Bureau of Indian Standards (BIS).
- ISO 17025 National Accreditation Board of Laboratories (NABL)
ATLAS LAB uses national and international methods and specifications to test
the Diesel fuel as per the requirement of the client :
- ISO 8217
- ASTM D 975
- EN 590
- BIS 1460
- EAS 177
Standard tests conducted for Diesel Fuel
- Flash Point (PMCC)
- Density at 15 °C
- Sediments & Water content
- Kinematic Viscosity at 40 °C
- Pour Point
- Copper Strip Corrosion (3hr @ 50 °C)
- Total Sulphur
- Acid Number
- Strong Acid Number
- Carbon Residue (Ramsbottom) on 10 % residue
- Cetane Index
- Distillation, Recovery at 350 °C
- Distillation, Recovery at 370 °C
How is Diesel Fuel Sampling Conducted?
As per the standard operating procedure (SOP) and standard operating practice the samples
have to be collected from the top, middle and bottom layers of the tank. These three layers have
to be mixed to form a composite sample and sent for testing.
What is the process of collection of Bunker Fuel and Marine fuel Oil for Testing?
- You can directly send your Diesel fuels to us or ask for our Diesel fuel
- Collect the samples
- Courier the samples
- On receiving the samples in our laboratory, we will commence testing.
- Results will be provided in 12 to 24 hours
- Technical advice will be provided on testing the samples and
assessment of Test Report